Looking for a natural deodorant? July 08 2020
I like to think of myself as a "natural" kinda of women. From a very young age I used natural products on my face and body, my philosophy is, if you can't eat it then it shouldn't be on your skin! And no, I don't try and eat all my makeup before using LoL.
However, as an excessive sweater I struggled to find a natural deodorant that actually worked. The closest I got was an Australian brand that didn't use baking soda (which I react too!) so I was so pleased when I found a locally made brand called Ultrella.
Based in sunny Hawkes Bay, Ultrella is the brainchild of Mel Lewis who turned her passion for making natural deodorants into a successful business.
So what makes Ultrella Natural Deodorant different to other natural deodorants?
- It's easy to use, it’s good for you and your body, it’s cute, it’s discreet and you can trust it because it most definitely works.
- No baking soda! Most natural deodorant companies use baking soda (or bicarbonate of soda) in their products. It’s a really effective deodoriser but it’s also very alkaline, and over time it damages the acid mantle (the protective layer) of your skin. It explains why so many people are fine when they start using a natural deo, but then start to react after a couple of weeks.
- Ultrella Natural Deodorant contains an ingredient called IBR-Snowflake®. It’s a plant extract that is considered to be a natural alternative to Botox. Did you know that people with heavy sweating issues sometimes inject Botox into their armpits to stop sweating? The clever people who produce the ingredient thought that sounded far too painful so they conducted clinical trials and found that after 7 days of twice daily application, perspiration levels were reduced by an average of 36% across the trial group. Remember, every body is different so results may differ between people.
- Prebiotics are included in both the deodorant and the body spray to feed the good bacteria on the skin.
- The formulation will stay consistent year round – so no need to have to grapple with it on frosty mornings.
- The paste is thick so you're in control of how much you use - normally only a small dab is required for each armpit.
- And most importantly, it's made right here in New Zealand.
So check out the wonderful range of fragrances, they also do a Ultrella Body Spray (keeps you smelling oh so good during the day) and if you're making the transition from using an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant, then I recommend you check out Ultrella's Calm Pits.