Best Sports Bras for Running May 19 2018
Did you know that different activities require different types of breast support?
When running, you want to look for a sports bra that provides an equal distribution of support.
Running in a properly fitted sports bra will also help to improve your running technique and efficiency of your run.
A study by the Portsmouth University had a group of women run 5km in a normal bra and a sports bra. They found that when wearing a sports bra, participants significantly reduced their chest and shoulder activity. This reduction in muscle activity means your body is using less energy, because it's running in a more efficient technique.
So, not only does a sports bra reduce breast pain, but it also reduces painful muscle tension in the upper body, giving you a more efficient run style.
Our best sports bras for running:
Shefit ULTIMATE High Impact Sports Bra
(Band: 28-52" Cups: A-I)
The Shefit Ultimate Sports Bra is a custom fit, adjustable, high-impact bra that provides the perfect comfort and support for short runs through to marathons.
So whether you’re part of the itty-bitty committee or belong to the tig ol’ bitty club, Shefit will provide the support you need while running.
- 1” wide adjustable straps provide vertical lift
- X or H back configuration for best comfort and support
- Lined wireless cups with contoured seams and removable modesty padding
Freya Epic Electric Black Moulded Crop Top Sports Bra
(Band: 30-40" Cups: C-G)
Freya has been working with the breast health specialist team at the University of Portsmouth, conducting the most extensive breast research project ever undertaken.
This research has confirmed that a sports bra needs to not only control movement but also help to reduce strain and pain. 92% of participants felt that the Freya Active crop top sports bra reduced breast movement during running
- The moulded crop top sports bra offers full coverage complete with odour management fabric and mesh panels for cool comfort
- Adjustable straps with racerback option and
- Encapsulation styling provides shape = no uni-boob!
Enell SPORT: High Impact Sports Bra
(Band: 32-60" Cups: C+)
This is Oprah Winfrey's favourite sports bra so if it's good enough for 'O'...But seriously the design and construction...and I don't use that word lightly, holds breasts securely in place, minimising damaging breast bounce during running.
- Shoulder Comfort - wide non-stretch straps distribute weight to reduce shoulder fatigue
- Movement Control - wide elastic band and motion control neckline eliminate up and down movement. Compression style sports bra
- Secure Closure – fastens your girls simply and securely with hook and eye closures
Check out our full range of high impact sports bras